New Releases Including UpStream 1.21.1
If you’ve been following UpStream updates over the last few weeks, you’ll have noticed a pattern: stability and bug-fixes.
UpStream is a relatively new plugin and we moved fast during the first year. We’re now smoothing out many of the issues reported by users. The good news is that this process is almost done and in the next couple of weeks we’ll be back to adding new features!
As part of this focus on stability, we’ve released several updates to the UpStream core and extensions.
The main UpStream plugin
UpStream 1.21.1 is out. You can download it from WordPress.org or from inside your WordPress site.
- We fixed links in comments so UpStream doesn’t remove the target and other attributes.
- We fixed some license key activation and upgrade problems if you also had PublishPress installed. The two plugins use the same framework for licenses.
- We fixed the wrong URLs for assets on Windows machines. This was causing problems with localhost development.
There were also releases for 3 UpStream extensions:
- Custom Fields, version 1.2.11. See the changelog.
- Frontend Edit, version 1.7.7. See the changelog.
- Email Notifications, version 1.1.15. See the changelog.
Hi, you didn’t mention in changelog or post the updated extensions will need to be de-installed and reinstalled.
The auto-update feature for these showed as “unavailable”; leaving only manual de-install and reinstall the only option. Were you aware? May be useful to mention as it does require more effort and planning.
Hey Kat. Sorry, that should not be the normal behavior. We did update the license system about 2 weeks ago https://upstreamplugin.com/new-releases-including-upstream-1-21/. That may possibly have had an impact. Could I ask you to email our support if you’re stuck updating, or if this happens again?
Hi Steve, has happened with this October release too.
Front-end, timeline and custom field add-ons had message can’t be updated. I deactivated, deleted and had to download and upload files from your site.
So technically all add-ons are fresh installs from Sept/oct so hopefully this will not happen again.
If it does I will be in touch or did you want me to do that now before next update?
Hi Kathryn. Could you contact our support about this? In particular, could you let us know which hosting company you’re using?