In UpStream, it’s possible to change the names of almost everything. You can rename “Tasks”, “Bugs”, and other key features. We’re trying hard to make UpStream the most customizable project management plugin for WordPress.
However, some users want to take things further and also rename the project URLs.
By default, you can find UpStream projects on the frontend of your site at http://example.com/project/project-name/. Some of our users want URLs that can be customized: http://example.com/custom-name/project-name/.
I’m going to show you how to solve this problem using a plugin. This solution should work for many plugins, not just UpStream.
The easiest way to do this is with the WP Change Custom Posts Slugs plugin.
- Log in to your site with UpStream installed.
- Install the WP Change Custom Posts Slugs plugin.
- Go to “Settings”, then “TH Custom Slugs”.
- Enter a new URL for your projects. In this example, I’m using “workspaces”.
- Click “Save Changes”.
- Go to “Settings”, then “Permalinks”.
- Click “Save Changes”. This will tell WordPress to update your site’s URLs.
- Go to visit the front of your site and you’ll see the new URLs:
Please note that this won’t change the URLs in the admin area of your site. For example, if you edit a project the URL will still be /wp-admin/edit.php?post_type=project/.